Condominiums for Sale at Barker Block Lofts
Barker Block LoftsThe Barker Block Lofts are located in the downtown Los Angeles’ Arts District. In 1880, Los Angeles had dirt sidewalks, barely 11,000 residents and only one furniture store. While no one predicted what the future held for the sleepy City of Angels, there was one man who had an undying faith in its potential: Barker Brothers founder, O.T. Barker. Today, the resurrection of O.T. Barker's original manufacturing plant and warehouse complex has rekindled his enterprising spirit. Barker Block Lofts is comprised of seven sturdy, yet graceful industrial loft buildings, each of a different era and construction style boast soaring ceilings, immense windows and pure, unadulterated space in which to roam free. These seven interconnected buildings, each from a different era, now join to form a new definition of home. Merging classic industrial architecture with contemporary live/work design and a raw urban aesthetic, the Barker Block Lofts presents open, light infused spaces in which to cast your ideal vision of life lived well.
Unique and varied floor-plans with open living
spaces and designer interiors
• Original warehouse details from the 1920s, including exposed brick, heavy timber beams and columns, polished concrete floors and high ceilings
• New architectural windows, rooftop skylights and window walls
• Steel staircases with solid wood steps and cable railings
• Black granite or white CaesarStone kitchen counter tops with wood cabinetry in walnut or light gray
• Black granite or Cararra marble bathroom counter tops with integrated vanity and lighting
• Luxurious oversized soaking tubs with designer ceramic tile walls and flooring
• Jenn-Air professional-style stainless steel appliance packages with gas ranges
• Energy-efficient appliances and insulating dual pane windows
• Private, wood-fenced sitting patios on ground floor residences
• In-unit storage and laundry room
• Cat 5, satellite and cable pre-wiring * Details vary per home</span>
• Resort-style rooftop deck with pool, spa, private cabanas, sunning lounge, sitting and gathering areas, an outdoor fireplace and lush landscaping, all overlooking the city skyline
• Modern fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment and floor-to-ceiling city views
• Landscaped courtyards and walkways centered around a grass sitting area and water garden
• Artist’s Alley – a semi-private public arts space with curated works from local artists
• Onsite and community retail, including the Urth Cafe across the street
• Onsite, controlled-entry parking with direct access to the building
• Formal reception lobby and breezeway entry with secured access
Barker Block was created for beautiful and sustainable living. By reinventing an original warehouse, we repurposed and reused many existing structures and materials, like brick walls, wood floors, timber rafters and concrete floors. This preserves historic elements with irreplaceable character, while requiring that fewer raw materials be taken from the earth – conserving natural resources and reducing the building’s construction footprint.
In addition to the Eco-friendly nature of adaptive reuse, the homes are very energy-efficient with Energy Star appliances, insulating dual pane windows and water-efficient landscaping. Barker Block is also at the heart of a walkable neighborhood and close to job centers and public transit, which reduce the need for driving.
The Kor Group
Together these efforts support The Kor Group’s ongoing commitment to creating sustainable, beautiful and thoughtful places to live and dwell.
A leading innovator in the real estate and travel communities, The Kor Group sets itself apart with a curatorial approach to lifestyle experiences and passion for visionary design. For over a decade, the company’s diverse offerings have magnetized the world media, in-the-know travelers and discerning home buyers from California to the Caribbean and Mexico to the Middle East.
Like Kor’s Viceroy Hotels, Resorts & Residences brand and The Tides collection of hotels and resorts, Kor’s Los Angeles residential properties bring together noteworthy destinations, provocative design, and sought-after amenities.
Barker Block Lofts
|Name:||Barker Block Lofts|
|Address:||510-530 S Hewitt St|
|Area:||Arts District, Downtown L.A.|
|Price Range:||$450,000 - $6,500,000|
|Type:||Loft-style Condominiums Office|
|Number of Penthouse||N/A|
|Number of Units||297 (242)|
|Management / HOA Phone#||213-620-9650|
|Year Built / Converted||1880/2007|
|School District||L.A. Unified|
|Fitness Center||State-of-the-art Fitness Center|
|Storage Place||Storage rooms available for purchase|
All information is subject to change and should be independently verified.